Monday, December 21, 2020

Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne Pinnock makes acting debut in romantic comedy Boxing Day

 


Published in The Sun Newspaper 21.12.2020 (From Simon Boyle's Bizarre column)

THIS time last year the thought of the Little Mix girls going solo was unthinkable – but now it’s a reality.

My exclusive pics show Leigh-Anne Pinnock's first individual venture as the girls prepare to do their own projects outside the band. See pictures and read the full article in The Sun Newspaper.

The flick is directed by I May Destroy You's Aml Ameen and also stars Aja Naomi King, best known for her role in How to Get Away with Murder, and BAFTA-winner, Marianne Jean-Baptiste.

Read Simon Boyle's full article here.

Joett Music Blog Closing Notes

Now the reason I'm particularly excited about this project is because my nephew, Morris Waters, who is also my pupil (I coach him on Skype every week), appears as a busker in the movie and plays the song For The Love Of You by the Isley Brothers on acoustic guitar whilst Leigh-Anne Pinnock sings. 

My nephew, who was discovered by the producers whilst busking in the streets of London several weeks ago and offered a role in the movie, had been rehearsing the song for a few weeks and had come up with his own version of the song, which I very much liked and as it happens, so did Leigh-Anne when they rehearsed in her trailer for a couple of hours on set, on the the day of the shoot.

It has to be said, I am a really proud uncle right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment