Sunday, June 19, 2022

I've Been Discovering New African Talents & Charting the Best tracks

It has been a while since my last blog post, I know. I didn't stop blogging though. In fact, quite the contrary. 

I've been busy developing a new brand and working in radio to push emerging African artists from across the continent, to the fore.

So my daily activity nowadays involves curating music from emerging artists and handpicking those that I will air on radio via Talent Showcase Africa Playlist. 

All tracks will first air on online radio Nam Radio Local and then later, the show is repackaged and customized for Namibia's mainstream channel ENERGY100 fm.

You'll find the Press Release pertaining to the partnership deal between Nam Radio and ENERGY100 fm here.

We officially launched the Talent Showcase Africa Radio Charts on Namibia's ENERGY100 fm at 2100 CAT, on 17th June 2022. This is definitely a milestone in this entire idea, as it completes the package intrinsic in launching unsigned, emerging artists via radio. Now let's take a look at this week's singles chart (below).

TSA Radio Charts Top 3 

1. Slick One - Feeling Laka (ft. Jay Trigga) [Zambia]

2. DaFaith - Zanku [South Africa]

3. Solidskid - Gimme [Nigeria]

I have to say, what I enjoy the most about this job is discovering new music from African talents. There's so much of it out there that is SO GOOD. I'm thrilled to be able to share my golden nugget finds with you. 

Please share this blog post on your social media so all your friends get plugged into this experience. You can listen to the first-ever Talent Showcase Africa Radio Charts run down via the widget below. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment