Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Diary Of A Vocal Coach On Reaching Out to Singers via WhatsApp

I had decided, strangely enough, that I was going to close down my studio to the public from February 2015, and only keep a few of my regular clients on my books. The reason being, I've been teaching in Dar es salaam for the past five years now and really felt this calling to move on and do other stuff that interest me. I'm not going to get into that here, but it's all to do with the music business if you must know.

But then I had a change of heart a couple of days ago. I thought, well, why don't I raise my fees to $200 for private lessons? I figured, with rates up, the workload will likely go down, thereby creating a bit more time and space for me to create workable online training modules that could be customized to an individual's needs using WhatsApp as a means to communicate and transmit working files--and that I would offer this service for FREE as my way of giving back to this community. As it is, I'm already reaching out to people nationwide with my Letters from A Vocal Coach newspaper column in Business Times -- published every Friday, so why not extend a more physical approach and service to singers by going online!

The only drawback for the student in this case is that they'll really have to pull their weight on this one. No time for lazing about and procrastinating. They'll have to WORK it! But results are very much attainable--beyond the shadow of a doubt.

SO, here's my offer. Hit me up on WhatsApp and simply SMS me your name to get started. It's really easy, I've already done the pilot with a few people and I know it works. So if you want to give this a go, I'll catch you on the other side!

Happy New Year!

JOETT
Vocal Coach
Private Singing Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment