Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Process of Eliminating the Bad Singing Habits Explained

I’ve had this conversation with a lot of my pupils time and time again. When they first step into my studio, what we set out to achieve first and foremost, is to eliminate all of the bad singing habits they have amassed for themselves up to this point. And so quintessentially, it is a process of elimination.

I will throw in a couple of examples.

If your breathing pattern doesn’t allow you to sustain a note, in other words you’re always running out of breath and your voice isn't balanced and tends to fall apart, then that will need to be fixed. In my lessons, not only do we begin each lesson with a breathing exercise, you are trained to breathe correctly through the exercises as well. It is part and parcel of the learning process.

If you have a tendency to put too much weight on your throat thereby limiting your range, again, we eliminate this using speech-level singing technique with the exercises. And there are so many different approaches I would use, depending on the vocal issues at hand. 

You’ll find tons of helpful tips and articles for singers in my new book 101 Letters from a Vocal Coach, now available in paperback from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Lulu.

If you like my article, do me a HUGE favor and Share this blog post with others by clicking the Social Links below. And if you want to consider private lessons via Skype, you'll find more information here!

You Are the Instrument, Learn to Sing Like a Pro!


JOETT - Vocal Coach & Author:
“101 Letters from a Vocal Coach”


No comments:

Post a Comment