Monday, November 27, 2017

Is your Deodorant Spray Affecting Your Throat?

Warren Wong
I know, the image on here looks a wee bit over the top, but I thought it would grab your attention.  

I get all sorts of complaints from singers looking for solutions to issues relating to throat irritation. This one actually is a problem I face myself.

Aerosol spray deodorants do not sit well with me. In fact, quite a few brands do irritate my throat, getting to a point where I actually experience rather weird spasms that almost feel as though someone is pouring acid down my throat.

And so I can only use underarm deodorant stick. Ironically, I don’t have a problem with cologne.

The purpose of this article therefore is rather simple. If you are sensing throat irritation and you cannot figure out what is bringing this on, if you’re using a deodorant spray, try switching to a deodorant stick for several days and see if it stops. If your problem is gone, it means your throat irritation is caused by your deodorant spray.

You’ll find tons of helpful tips and articles for singers in my new book 101 Letters from a Vocal Coach, now available in paperback from Lulu for a WHOPPING 25% DISCOUNT… and SOON coming to Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

You are the Instrument, Learn to Sing Like a Pro!


JOETT — Vocal Coach
Personalized Skype Lessons
Private Singing Lessons

Download/Stream my brand new acoustic pop EP Twisted now available on iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon, Akazoo, Spotify. Click here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment