Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Diary of a Vocal Coach: Pre-recording Studio Session Vocal Warm-up


I received a call from one of my pupils the other day, mind you, this happens quite a lot nowadays; who wanted to simply pop by my studio for a vocal warm-up before a recording session that very afternoon. He had a beautiful song he wanted to record, and his voice was holding up really well.

He only wanted to get the voice prepared and ready for the recording session. Which is what I always advise my pupils--get a vocal warm-up! When your voice is warmed up prior to a studio recording session, it tremendously improves your performance in the booth.

So I got on the piano to run him through a combination of scales, whilst being very attentive not to overwork his voice. A 30-minute vocal warm-up is all he required to get him good and ready.

So the next time you’re headed out to a recording studio, remember to warm-up your voice. You'll find plenty of vocal warm-up tips and piano scales audio tapes in my new book 101 Letters from a Vocal Coach, now available in paperback for a WHOPPING 25% DISCOUNT here!

Hope to see you soon!

You are the Instrument, Learn to Sing Like a Pro!


JOETT — Vocal Coach
Personalized Skype Lessons

Download/Stream my brand new acoustic pop EP Twisted now available on iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon, Akazoo, Spotify. Click here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment