Friday, September 25, 2015

Are You Vocal Training from Home? Here’s How to get it Right

If you’ve been following my vocal training instructional clips on YouTube; my vocal training tapes on my Hulkshare page and my handy tips and advice on WhatsApp; and you’re still having trouble getting it together, this article will address the hurdles of home learning and how to go about getting it right.

I would usually insist that my WhatsApp pupils regularly send me voice notes of them doing the scales. And there is a reason for this. I want to know whether they’re doing their exercises correctly. The point is, if you’re doing your scales off key, hitting your notes flat and not doing exactly what you’re supposed to do on the scales, I’m afraid you will not get the desired results. Believe me when I say, it takes commitment to do this. Now let me show you how to get your vocal training schedule in order.

MOST importantly, make sure that you’re relaxed and ready to learn, and pay particular attention to instructions and demonstrations. All of the instructions that precede the exercises were put there to show you how to do them correctly. So don’t guess. Don’t go out and do your own thing contrary to what you’re meant to do. Do exactly what you hear on the tape and if it doesn’t sound right to you, then listen to it again until you clearly understand what it is you’re meant to do. Remember, you’re training both your ear and voice. So in essence, you’ll want to be playing your vocals like an instrument, in key with the music. That’s all there really is to it.

Training your voice takes perseverance. Don’t be too quick to jump onto a song when your voice isn’t ready. In fact, I’ll advise that you stay well away from the songs you’ve been struggling to sing for years, and make sure you get your voice in order, first, before you revisit them. That way, you’ll get to appreciate your progress a lot more and to fully understand the benefits of the vocal training exercises that you do, because you will come to realize the true power of vocal training exercises. So the next time you’re feeling a little disenchanted, just try to remember that all it takes is a little patience, practice, perseverance and a bit of hard work to get it right. Nothing is impossible when you concentrate. For more information on vocal training and home learning click here!

You are the instrument, learn to sing like a pro!

JOETT

Vocal Coach & Author
"Letters from a Vocal Coach"

No comments:

Post a Comment