Sunday, November 30, 2014

Diary Of A Songwriter On Going Platinum At Music Clout

I've been a member of the American Society Of Composers, Authors And Publishers (ASCAP) since 2011, on the back of my 2010/11 comeback single I Could Never Live (Without Your Love). Quite literally, it was the song that gained me membership to ASCAP. Since then, more songs have followed into my ASCAP-registered catalog, and if I'm honest, my work towards establishing a songwriting career has only just begun in earnest (good things take time), and is beginning to unfold in more ways than I ever imagined possible on the international music arena. Not a lot is happening in Tanzania, it has to be said. You'll hardly hear my records on the radio and aside from my 90s fan base, very few people know this side of me. I'm famous as a vocal coach now (which is nice), but certainly not for my music. Not in Tanzania anyway. Thing is, I donot MAKE music for the local market and I'm not willing to localize my music to conform. I do what makes me tick. But let's look at the bright side. Color Me Beautiful has enjoyed radio rotation in the USA to the tune of over a thousand spins a week, not to mention top A&R from major US record labels have taken an interest in my work and are practically knocking on my door. It is nice to be appreciated by music industry executives at the top their game. It makes it all worthwhile.

And so I joined Music Clout as a Platimum Member to spearhead my networking endeavors for my international music publishing label Joett Music Publishing. And the truth be told, I'm SO glad I did! It's quite amazing how many music industry contacts are on there AND in search of all manner of things from blogging to A&R, distribution and licensing to magazine feature opportunities and radio exposure...it's an incredibly vast database of music industry movers and shakers on the move. I love it! And I absolutely intend to make very good use of this resource. Keep up the great work, guys. You rock!

Thanks, for dropping by!

JOETT
Joett Music Publishing
WhatsApp +255 787 364 045

No comments:

Post a Comment