Wednesday, September 3, 2014

How to Maintain a Beautifully Healthy Voice for Singing: The Do's

I'm asked from time to time WHAT I would recommend to preserve the voice? A hard question. And there's never one answer to this question either. I've always focused on what you SHOULDN'T do (like don't smoke, don't take cold drinks and so on). But in this article I will focus more on quite the opposite...what you SHOULD do to preserve your voice.
SO: What then would aid in keeping your voice supple and healthy for a better singing voice? Well, I'm going to be completely honest with you. I take a lot of vitamins. And here's my nutritional story. And be sure to check out all the links I've included in this short article.

I'm sure you're aware of the importance of taking vitamins. Your body needs them, badly. And if you are to maintain healthy cells inside your body, the same automatically applies to your voice. The benefits are all round. I use Advanced Liquid Nutrition to give my body all the nutrients it needs in the quickest time possible. Why take a liquid vitamins? One word--ABSORPTION!!! The nutrients in TripleClicks's Advanced Liquid Nutrition are up to 98% absorbable. Compare that to the less effective 5-10% absorption rate for capsules or hard-to-swallow compressed "horse pills" with unfavorable vitamin aftertastes. And if that wasn't good enough reason (for me) to go liquid, the berry flavored formula with Acai Berry Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Omegas 3 & 6, and Calcium sure is!

If you've never taken antioxidants to fight free radicals invading your body from all sources the elements throw at you, then it's time you did. If you take this special vitamin, a very powerful Super Antioxidant Formula, it does the job. It basically neutralizes the free radicals and helps to reverse the aging process as well; and if you can achieve that, the healthier your voice will become. Let's look at it this way. When your body ages, so does your voice. And what's more, with this in your diet you are less likely to catch the flu and catarrh. Another good reason for a singer to take antioxidants--to keep throat infections at bay. And this powerful formula will not only boost your energy levels and destroy free radicals ... it will promote a healthy lifestyle.

And last but not least, are you concerned about your weight? If you're in the music business, especially, I'm going to be very honest with you: how you look is critical to your success. Sorry, but that's just how the world of show business works. I didn't invent this, it's been there for generation. How you look matters. Period. Now the first problem area is the weight issue. It's easy to put on weight but very difficult to lose the weight once you've gained it...well, unless you exercise a lot and really watch what you eat (counting calories, how boring!). To throw away this tedious way of keeping your weight in check, I take Ultra Slim Down meal replacement shakes to replace up to two regular meals a day. (To make them more interesting and delicious, throw in some fruit like papaw, banana, strawberry etc. into a blender). This helps with weight management, and because I do weight training I would also take Supreme Whey Protein as a pre-workout or post-workout shake. Not only does it build muscle, it helps my muscles to quickly recover from training. And I'm going to ask you a quick question. Would you like to have smooth, flawless skin? Well, Super Seven Skin Support works for me! Honest. You only need a couple of drops in water per day. So there you have it. All my little behind-the-scenes secrets to a healthy body and singing voice REVEALED! 

Thanks for dropping by, catch you in the next blog post!


JOETT
Vocal Coach & Author

FREE Letters from A Vocal Coach E-Book here!
Learn to Sing in 4-Hours Comprehensive CRASH Course

Download Joett tracks from iTunes, Amazon MP3, TuneCore.
Buy Joett CDs from A Novel Idea Bookstores Dar, Zanzibar, Arusha.
Nationwide CD distribution via Joett Music (Airtel Money, TIGO Money, M-Pesa).
Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Facebook
LIKE me on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment